Multitask Personnel are working with a leading expert in all areas of Water Management and Control, who are looking for an Assistant Driller / 2nd Man to join their team to work across the UK & Ireland.
This would suit a person starting out in construction with an interest in drilling that would be willing to study further with BDA to take on the Lead Driller position one day.
The principal function of this position is for the safe setup, operation and maintenance of the drilling rigs and equipment. You will generally be expected to carry out drilling and installation of deepwells, piezometers, ejector wells and wellpoints in accordance with specifications given by your supervisor.
You will be a physically fit enough to lift and carry equipment etc.
In conjunction with the Lead Driller, Individuals will be carrying out tasks such as:
- Prepare land drilling equipment for use on site e.g. loading carefully and neatly into van or lorry.
- Unload and stack or store equipment (this involves manual handling of items over 25kg) carefully and appropriately on site.
- Set up and prepare diesel and electric pumping plant, check and replenish oil and fuel, lay and connect water hoses, assist in setting up and filling of tanks.
- Ensure maintenance procedures are carried out to all drilling equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Laying out of pipework
- Setting up of mud recirculation and water flushing systems
- Operation of grout mixer and pump
- Assistance with installing aggregate into well annulus (this could involve shovelling by hand several 100kg of gravel)
- Clearing up following drilling activity (e.g. collect waste materials, shovel left over spoil, sweep up, clean down plant and apply grease / lubricants etc.)
- Prior to drilling commencing have understanding of the objective and rate of progress. Carry out hand excavations with shovel, manually lay out heavy duty drilling equipment, sand, cement etc.
- At yard or depot assist with the careful storage of equipment, carry out repairs, wash vehicles and rigs and other domestic duties.
- Keep daily records of site works and records for yard operations such as delivery notes
List not exhaustive.
Qualifications & Experience
- Valid CCCS card
- UK Driving Licence
- A motivated and hardworking individual with a “get stuck in” attitude is essential for this position.
- The position requires the candidate to hold a full valid UK driving license and confirmation of right to work in the EU.
You may be asked to work overtime at evenings and weekends depending on the client requirements and nature of the work being carried out. Although this is not regular it can often be at short notice by our clients. Due to the geographic nature of construction sites, candidates must be prepared to work away from home for more than 1 week at a time.
To apply for this role please email Laura email@example.com