Multitask Personnel are working with a well-known supplier of a range of industrial air compressors based in the Huddersfield area.
Due to growth and demand our fantastic client is now looking for 2 Service Technicians in the North & South Regions.
If you are you a confident, highly motivated and driven Field Service Technician, we have the role for you.
You will be joining the Northern Regional Service Team, working primarily within 50 miles of Huddersfield, but occasional working across the UK and Ireland maybe required.
- Service, troubleshoot and repair air compressors and ancillary equipment.
- Keep up to date records, including service database, job sheets, mileage reports.
- Provide high level of customer service and act as a communication interface between the company and its customers.
- Work as part of the mobile Service team but liaise on a day-to-day basis with the Service Manager and Admin team as required.
- Identify and recommend system & new product upgrades to Sales team.
- Provide telephone trouble shooting support to the Companies Customers and Distributors.
- Assist Technical Service Manager in attending Distributor customer sites to provide in field trouble shooting and rectification of faults in Compressed air systems.
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the service and repair of compressed air equipment or similar rotating equipment.
- Sound knowledge and experience in programming and trouble-shooting PLC or electro / mechanical equipment desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Strong team working ethic essential.
- Strong trouble shooting skills essential.
- Individuals should possess electrical, mechanical, refrigeration, and pipe fitting experience.
- Be fully conversant in Health and Safety legislation.
- Self-motivated, with ability to follow through to conclusion.
- Enthusiastic and persistent with ability to work with limited supervision using own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to targets and deadlines.
- Strong PC literacy skills. Knowledge and experience in MS office essential. Knowledge and experience of SAP and Lotus Notes desirable.
- Ability to follow instructions reading and understanding electrical and mechanical schematics and diagrams vital.
- Personal effectiveness, able to display consistency, diplomacy, discretion, and integrity.
- FGAS Certification and advantage.
- BCAS DipCAM as advantage.
- Valid full driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Standard Tools; Spanners, Wrenches, Screwdrivers, Pliers etc… to be provided by Engineer. Any special tools to be provided by company.
What do you get in return?
Earlier starts and finish times
25 days paid annual leave, plus Public Holidays.
Serviced Van, Mobile Phone, Laptop Computer and Credit Card for business use
On call allowance
Overnight stay allowance
40 Hours per week, usually Monday to Friday, 8.00am until 4.30pm, half hour for lunch.
Overtime available, out of hours work and occasional overnight stays in UK (1 to 2 per month) with possible European travel.
Call Multitask Personnel on 01709 820102 and speak with Laura or Beth