Multitask have partnered with a leading Construction & Infrastructure Consultancy to support with senior hires across multiple divisions of the business. Our Client is at the forefront of innovation and major projects
We are currently looking to engage an experienced Senior Highways Engineer the Infrastructure’s team in Carlisle.
Our client sees the Senior Highways Engineer is an important operational team member with vast career development opportunities within the organisation.
This position will hold key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site as part of a team.
The role will encompass activities such as;
- Procurement activities of highway improvement works through cost effect tendering.
- Designing and preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Conducting feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments
- Leading and managing progress meetings
- Identification and assessment of additional payments due to variation orders
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate;
- A holder of Bachelors or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- Extensive post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- A broad & extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
The client offers
- Competitive salary
- Extensive & competitive benefits schemes
- Progression within the company to ensure longevity of partnerships between employer & employee
- Development opportunities across the business
For a confidential discussion or to learn more please contact
Michelle 07759535967 or firstname.lastname@example.org