Job Title: HSEQ - Compliance Manager
Multitask Personnel are working alongside an Environmental management company who offer an arboriculture, landscaping maintenance and tree consultancy services across the UK.
The Duties will include but not limited to –
- You will have a previous strategic experience of safety leadership including assuring compliance to statutory requirements.
- Deliver a comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental advisory and guidance service for across all parts of the companies operations to ensure all aspects of best practice safe working are established and maintained.
- Provide expert advice for investigations into incidents, injuries and significant near misses to establish root causes and so make recommendations for changes and improvements to prevent re-occurrences.
- Provide leadership to team members to carry out audits against agreed time frames.
- Support the operations teams in reviewing Risk Assessments and Method Assessments.
- Work closely with the leadership team to define appropriate safety initiatives and plans.
- Support the business in maintaining and improving it’s ISO 9001 and 14001 and 45001 accreditations and related management systems.
- Attend Client functions (safety day) and safety briefings.
- Analyse and report trends from data produced.
- Working alongside the HR Manager to deliver the business training plan to ensure employees are competent and qualified in the tasks that they undertake.
- Act as the main contact for ensuring that operational activity accords with they're Information Security Policy
- Set up Compliance reviews and meetings with key stakeholders (both internal, and external: e.g Auditors/Inspectors) on a regular basis to update on progress and discuss relevant issues.
- Liaise with Managers across all functions to ensure quality plans and Service Delivery Proposals are kept up to date with relevant information.
- Attend seminars and build up knowledge on future changes to legislation that will effect operational processes and disseminate knowledge appropriately including contribution to training sessions
- Take the lead role on the Integrated HSEQ Management system, CHAS, AA Approved Contractor, SafeContractor, Constructionline, RoSPA, UVDB & Rail RISQS accreditations.
- Produce written documents to support the Service Delivery Proposals providing evidence of Compliance with Policies, Processes and ISO accreditations
- Working understanding of relevant legislation within the UK
- Suitable experience of HSEQ Compliance within a similar organisation or industry
- Experience of working in a team with a proven ability to function quickly and efficiently within a demanding environment
- Ability to be able to use external sources of information such as the internet to quickly understand key issues and then clearly articulate the operational impact
- Ability to be able to read complex documents and pull out key relevant information
- Ability to convince Operational Support Function staff of the need to understand and follow best practice at all times and to be able to articulate the impact for not doing so.
- Degree calibre or commensurate experience
- Any formal Compliance related qualifications highly desirable. (IOSH, NEBOSH, IEMA).
- Competitive salary
- Use of Company vehicle
- Full-time permanent positions available with the company
If you would like further information please call Kim on 01709 820102 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org