Multitask Personnel are working alongside one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplined service provider based in Sheffield. Offering a coordinated package of mechanical, electrical, data/IT services and facilities management solutions.
Due to expansion, we are currently looking for a Resource Scheduler who will have full responsibility for the planning and scheduling of field engineers with the primary focus ensuring all work is strategically planned in a cost-effective manner and that client requirements are met.
Engineering resource should be planned utilising PAYE labour first before using subcontract labour ensuring that engineers in the right locations with the right qualifications and skillsets are utilised with a focus on low-cost route planning via geographical split.
Care should be taken to understand shift patterns, hours worked, breaks between shifts, avoiding downtime whilst minimising risk to the engineers and the company. The Resource Scheduler needs to be mindful of HR & HSQE legislation with an understanding of the Working Time Directive whilst taking into consideration the work-life balance of the field engineers.
Duties: List is not exhaustive
- Request labour requirements from relevant colleagues within the business where necessary.
- Allocate labour requests received from colleagues in all departments based on the information supplied including skills, location duration & timings.
- Work closely with the Project Managers and engineering team and effectively communicating work schedules on a weekly basis.
- Review works in progress and ensure amendments to the schedule are made and communicated.
- Manage colleague expectations proactively, this includes dispatching jobs to alternative engineers rapidly to avoid colleague and customer dissatisfaction.
- Using the vehicle tracking system to monitor the engineer’s movements in order to manage short notice works.
- Dealing with colleague and client complaints and observations made on engineers and subcontract labour, ensuring to pass on any positive or negative comments to HSQE and line manager for logging on the PICS sheet and investigating.
- Manage any holiday requests received from field staff taking into consideration the needs of the business in line with the company policy.
- Manage the sickness, absence and availability process for all field staff.
- Review company reports for Training, Fleet and Equipment to plan and allocate time to engineers schedules ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- An understanding of company project pipeline is required and there needs to be interaction with the departmental management to assess ability to cover the works.
A proactive approach, and strong field service scheduling experience with excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Expertise working with field engineers and scheduling processes and systems, reviewing operational processes and contributing to a proactive approach to managing engineer time whilst maximising usage.
- Excellent IT skills across a broad spectrum of software systems majoring in the main elements of Microsoft Office, competent with Excel and formatting data
- Good Geographical knowledge
- Dealing with high number of incoming emails and phones calls.
- The ability to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge of Data/ IT services and M&E field works advantageous but not essential
To apply for this fantastic role please call 01709 820120 to speak to Faye or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org