The purpose of the Ecologist is to deliver the full range of Ecologist services to our customer base and support the appropriate Project lead in service delivery for Ecological management works within the UK. This role will include working alongside The Consultancy Manager, Operations Manager, Tree Surveyors, Field Officers and with the Central Support Functions including Business Development, Administration, HSEQ Compliance department and HR Advisors and Insurers.
The purpose of this role is to manage and deliver Ecological services to our clients meeting the contract requirements and within all local and national legislation. The role will require the carrying out of ecological field surveys and possibly supporting other field surveyors. Overseeing all ecological aspects of site work including the supervision and guidance of all contractors or employees on site. Carrying out practical habitat creation and management work. Production of and technical review of survey reports, licence applications and other ecological documentation. Assessments of the impacts of proposed developments or changes in land management, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes. Assisting with research projects, reviews of documentation, or statistical analyses.
- Operational Excellence
- Develop quality, ecological / audits to ensure the services the company deliver are compliant across each client
- Based on inspection / audit results provide necessary feedback to ensure the appropriate process changes are agreed with all stakeholders including account/function timescales for remedial action to be implemented
- Keep abreast of market conditions generally and within the specialist area of expertise and to inform and generate newsletters and briefing documents on forthcoming legislation and the potential impact both to the company and their clients
- Provide guidance when required to our clients and internal staff
- Client Focus
- Act as the senior consultant for ensuring that ecological activity accords with company Policies and procedures, in support of the Contract/Landscape Operations Manger
- Undertake contract reviews and meetings with Customers and key stakeholders (both internal, and external: e.g Auditors/Inspectors) on a regular basis to update on progress and discuss relevant issues. This forum will then become the process for agreeing outcomes and to gain sign off where required
- In conjunction with Business Development & HSEQ Compliance seek regular Customer and Stakeholder feedback. Ensure feedback is documented and any changes to services as a result of feedback are communicated back to Customers
- The role understands people are a key market differentiator and is genuinely committed to the development of direct reports in accordance to the companies Learning & Development Policy
Specialist / Technical Expertise:
- Support the Contract Manager/ Landscape Operations Manager across all functions to ensure best practice manuals are kept up to date with all relevant Ecological information
- Attend seminars and build up knowledge on future changes to legislation that will effect operational processes and disseminate knowledge appropriately including contribution to training sessions
- Liaise with Business Development and Bid teams to support the bidding process and develop the companies Service Delivery Proposals
- Undertake direct business development operations seeking out new clients and promoting our business with existing clients
- Working understanding of relevant legislation within the UK
- Ability to take complex documents and convert into simple operational processes
- Excellent knowledge & use of Microsoft Office Software Systems
- Ability to identify and mitigate potential risks to company services / Customers.
- Ability to be able to use external sources of information such as the internet to quickly understand key issues and then clearly articulate the Ecological impact to the companies clients
- Desire and passion to deliver services to an excellent standard
- Ability to convince Operational staff of the need to understand and follow best practice at all times and to be able to articulate the impact on the companies and our clients for not doing so
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment
- Graduate or associate membership of CIEEM (Funded by the business)
- Adhere to all professional standards expected at all times.
- Degree calibre or commensurate experience - Any formal Industry / managerial related qualifications highly desirable. (HND, BA Hons, BSc, MSC).
For anymore information please contact Laura on 01709 820102 or email directly to email@example.com