An exciting new position has become available for a Commercial Gas Engineer in the Birmingham area (Breakdown/Repair), to join the Mechanical Team providing a first-class reactive and testing service to commercial clients predominately in the retail/leisure sector (pubs, restaurants, gyms, etc).
This is a mobile position with the main focus of the role being planned maintenance & testing, however, the candidate will also cover gas & cold plumbing call outs and repairs when required.
Although the successful candidate will receive extensive on-the-job training, relevant background and experience in the following areas is essential:
- Extensive Commercial Gas experience
- Experience testing and servicing gas appliances
Main duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out PPM servicing/testing
- Attend gas/plumbing emergencies & call outs.
- Undertake planned & reactive trade-related maintenance tasks within own area of expertise and skills set allocated by the Scheduler and/or appropriate manager.
- Undertake gas and plumbing refurbishment tasks including testing work on completion.
- Undertake testing and PPM work when instructed to do so.
- Ordering supplier parts via purchase order line.
- Managing van stock as required.
- Participate in the out of hours call out rota as designated.
- Provide recommendations / solution options to rectify faults/maintenance issues.
- Take measurements, estimate labour and identify material requirements for follow-on works via the red reporting system.
- Provide support to other trades when required.
- Domestic + Commercial Gas ACS (CCN1, CPA1, HTR1, CKR1, CENWAT, CODNCO1, TPCPA1, ICPN1, CDGA1, CIGA1, CORT1).
- Catering ACS (desirable)
- NVQ / Craft cert in relevant discipline
- Must be willing to work at height
- Previous diagnostic and fault-finding experience
Working Hours & Benefits
- Company Vehicle + fuel card
- Full-time permanent position
- Company pension (after qualifying period)
- Competitive hourly rate
- 21 holidays per year + bank holidays
- Flexible 40 Hours per week
- Unlimited over time available
- Call out rota – to be advised.
Call Kim on 07590357953 for more information