Multitask have partnered with a leading Construction & Infrastructure company to support with senior hires across multiple divisions of the business. Our Client is at the forefront of innovation and major projects
We are currently looking to engage an experienced Civil Engineer –with either Rail or Major highways experience the Infrastructure’s team in Belfast
Our client sees the Highways Engineer as an important operational team member with vast career development opportunities within the organisation.
This position will hold key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site as part of a team.
This role is based in Belfast but we will consider candidates based/working in other locations.
Experienced gained overseas will be welcomed
The role will encompass activities such as;
- Preparing detailed design highway improvement schemes to DMRB standards using Civils 3D and AutoCAD software including preparation of contract drawings.
- Contributing to the delivery of highway projects to our Joint Venture clients within budget and timescale.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works and Specification for Highway Works.
- Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
- Setting and working to personal deadlines and targets to meet the requirements of programmes of work, to meet clients’ needs and to respond to targets set by others.
- Assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work.
- Writing & delivering detailed reports with excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, both at a general and technical level.
- Ensuring compliance of the team’s work with a high regard to Health and Safety and the application of the CDM Regulations and other legislation.
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate;
- A holder of Bachelors or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- Extensive post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- A broad & extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
The client offers
- Competitive salary
- Extensive & competitive benefits schemes
- Progression within the company to ensure longevity of partnerships between employer & employee
- Development opportunities across the business
For a confidential discussion or to learn more please contact
Michelle 07759535967 or email@example.com