The purpose of the Assistant Contract Manager is to deliver all operations within his / her responsibility, ensuring compliance with the Customers requirements, specification and all relevant UK Health, Safety, Environment and Quality legislation. This role will include working alongside other Field Officers, The Managing Director / Operations Director, Operations Manager and with the Central Support Functions including Business Development, Finance, and Administration, HSEQ Compliance department and HR Advisors and Insurers
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all parts of the services delivered to our clients are delivered to or above specification meeting the contract requirements and within all local and national legislation.
The Assistant Contract Manager will support the Operations Manager and have overall financial responsibility for his / her contracts. Developing budgets/quotations, forecasting and delivering services in line with forecast ensuring profitability is an integral part of the Assistant Contract Manager function.
The Assistant Contract Manager will be responsible for the daily planning and resources for each of the contract that he / she is responsible for. Monthly Management Information and reports will be required by the UK Board for analysis.
A close working relationship with Compliance will ensure that frequent audits and Compliance checks are completed and where necessary process revisions are produced. This role also ensures that the clients Operations are delivered and satisfies the requirements of their ISO accreditations ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001. A key part of the role is to ensure all Operations are delivered within their Compliance frameworks.
Financial & Operational Excellence
- Financial responsibility for specific works as agreed with the Operations Manager & Managing Director
- Deliver quality, environmental and safety inspections to ensure the services the client deliver are compliant across each client.
- Based on inspection results provide necessary feedback to ensure the appropriate process changes are agreed with all stakeholders including account/function timescales for remedial action to be implemented
- Document on the company intranet and CRM actual feedback including what has changed as a result of the audit and the rationale
- Ownership of the reporting and Management Information required on a monthly basis
- Responsible for identifying / providing training and rolling out regular HSEQ updates via tool box talks to all contract specific staff as agreed with the Operations Manager / Compliance Manager
- Provide guidance when required to our clients and internal staff
- Developing quotations and assisting in Operational methodology to ensure the continued growth of the company
- Undertake regular audits of site based documents to ensure compliance with the clients policies and procedures and UK legislation i.e. LOLER, PUWER
- Where required act as the main contact for ensuring that operational activity accords with the clients HSEQ Policies
- Provide support during Compliance reviews and meetings with key stakeholders (both internal, and external: e.g Auditors/Inspectors) on a regular basis to update on progress and discuss relevant issues. This forum will then become the process for agreeing outcomes and to gain sign off where required
- In conjunction with Business Development & Compliance seek regular Customer and Stakeholder feedback. Ensure feedback is documented and any changes to services as a result of feedback are communicated back to Customers.
- Train team members to carry out site inspections within agreed time frames
- Developing a business cases for the development of the Operations to ensure that team size and structure is adequate for the responsibilities of the contracts
- Leverage each other’s skills within the team and ensure that the Operations function is acting as one overall team giving the same clear and consistent messages
- Manage Field Staff across all levels ensuring the client maintains their brand of excellence and service at all times.
- Lead the Field staff teams to ensure a continually developing culture of HSEQ excellence
- Work with Team Leaders to plan and deliver all operations ensuring we exceed our Customer expectations
- Take the Lead in identifying and recruiting new resources where required to ensure the continued success of the company
- Liaise with Managers across all functions to ensure contract quality plans and Service Delivery Proposals are kept up to date with relevant information
- Attend seminars and build up knowledge on future changes to legislation that will effect operational processes and disseminate knowledge appropriately including contribution to training sessions
- Liaise with Business Development and Bid teams to support the bidding process and develop the clients Service Delivery Proposals.
- Liaise with Business Development to support the clients Service Delivery Proposals providing evidence of Compliance with our Policies, Processes and ISO accreditations whilst demonstrating best practice, efficiency and best value at all times.
- Working understanding of relevant legislation within the UK
- Ability to take complex documents and convert into simple operational processes
- Experience of estimating, budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent knowledge & use of Microsoft Office Software Systems
- Strong understanding of Arboricultural Operations and techniques including tree asset data capture software systems and hardware
- Ability to identify and mitigate potential risks to the clients services / Customers. Experience of leading a team with a proven ability to function quickly and efficiently within a demanding environment
- Ability to be able to use external sources of information such as the internet to quickly understand key issues and then clearly articulate the operational impact to the client and their clients
- Desire and passion to deliver services to an excellent standard
- Ability to convince Operational staff of the need to understand and follow best practice at all times and to be able to articulate the impact on the client and their clients for not doing so
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment
- Degree calibre or commensurate experience
- Any formal Industry / managerial related qualifications highly desirable. (HND, BA Hons, BSc, MSC) - Desirable
For more information on this role call Stewart on 07718 402628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org