The Technical Estimator provides support to the UK and Export Sales Teams and their customers by providing technically-compliant equipment configurations.
Success in this role requires the implementation of processes and procedures as identified and developed by the Finance Director.
The TE must function effectively at all times, carrying out all of the duties expected of them in a professional and courteous manner, always adopting and setting appropriate standards of behavior.
This role reports to the Finance Director.
- Support the UK and Export Sales Teams and the Service department by providing guidance, advice and pricing of all project related technical equipment configurations.
- Overcome challenges to enable the company to offer solutions to suit customer and site requirements.
- Contribute, as part of the Sales Team to the achievement of the corporate sales plan.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all supplied product configurations meet appropriate and applicable technical, customer and site-specific requirements.
- Liaising with the project team to ensure that all information related to received order configurations is provided to allow works to progress.
- Provide suggestions for process and system improvements as appropriate.
- Ensure that purchasing / suppliers receive all information required to enable manufacture of items needed to satisfy received orders as appropriate.
- Cultivate and maintain an environment of trust, openness and honesty to ensure effective team-working within the Estimating Team and with all other departments.
- Encourage and maintain the quality of all product proposals, by ensuring that the CRM system is kept up to date with accurate records of customer interactions and planned activities, allowing the effective utilisation and sharing of information.
- Possesses experience in the manufacturing industry, including proven history of configuration of a technical suite of products. Experience in the medical technology would be advantageous.
- Willing to adapt and continually learn about new systems, new products and new technologies.
- A professional person with a strong understanding of the technical capabilities and varied aspects of a Medical Technology business and the products it supplies.
- Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others.
- Works effectively with others to implement integrated plans.
- Recognises and capitalises on opportunities.
- Develops positive relationships with customers based upon credibility and mutual respect.
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.
- Good clear communicator, who communicates often, always clearly and with confidence and credibility.
- Strong customer focus with a passion to ensure that customer needs are met on time and right first time.
- Experience / qualifications in an electrical discipline would be advantageous.
- CAD experience would be advantageous.
- Fully computer literate including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience interpreting site drawings / plans would be advantageous.
For more information call Stewart on 01709 820102 or email email@example.com