Are you seeking a permanent position within an established and reputable business based in Doncaster? Have you worked in a technical support role? Can you think on your feet?
Our client are a gas, electric and smart meter specialist company in Doncaster, we are working closely with them to recruit a number of Back Office Technical Support Assistant.
They are a growing company with fantastic opportunity for progression, you will act as a point of escalation when a meter engineer experiences on site issues.
Duties will include:
- Taking inbound calls from engineers should they encounter an error on their HHT
- Processing commissioning requests on behalf of the engineer in case they have a HHT outage or insufficient signal to start the commissioning process.
- Authorising and logging when it’s acceptable for the engineer to leave the property if they advise you there is a localised issue which is preventing commissioning (i.e local network outage)
- Authorising when it is appropriate to leave the property or carry on with commissioning other assets if defined sections of the commissioning element has surpassed an agreed time upon the initialisation.
- Contacting the supplier directly to investigate commissioning errors where the clients in house systems provide no further updates.
- Compiling data where clients have advised us there has been a commissioning request fail after the engineer has left the property – this will include collecting the existing customer and engineer data to establish if a remote commission is possible or if a further engineer revisit is needed.
- To define and feedback if the engineer revisit is client related or whether this is chargeable to the client.
- Contacting customers to arrange appointments if engineer revisits are required.
- Contacting customer to talk them through remotely commissioning PPMID’s in scenarios where they need to be commissioned over the phone.
- Conducting EMREM/GMREM commands on behalf of the engineer should they need to conduct a SMETS2 to SMETS2 exchange. This process will decommission the existing SMETS2 meters which will allow the engineer to replace and commission a new one. (In future this will be done by the HHT)
- Communicating escalations from the DCC and CSP in case there are any incidents which is preventing commissioning or will cause issues with commissioning.
- Raising fault tickets with the DCC/UG and Aclara or other manufacturers if an engineer identifies a technical defect with the assets. (Aclara issues may migrate to stock team)
The ideal candidate needs to:
- Be confident on the phone and with all Microsoft packages
- Be able to adapt and learn quickly
- Be able to overcome objections in a professional manner
- Be eager to learn and want to succeed
- Be able to work well under pressure
Desirable but not mandatory:
- Call centre experience
- Gas Industry background
The starting salary is £18,720 pa
Working Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am and 8pm. Some Saturdays on a rota basis.
If you have a hardworking attitude and think you would suit this position call Katie on 01709 820 102 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org