Multitask have partnered with a leading Consultancy to support with senior hires across multiple divisions of the business. Our client is at the forefront of innovation and major projects within government services.
We are currently looking to engage a Senior Town Planning Consultant who has an outstanding track record in development management, planning policy and consultancy services to help to shape the future of places and make these spaces around the UK the best they can be.
The Senior Town Planning Consultant will be part of a large and friendly team with the unrivalled opportunity to be involved in a wide range of work across hubs within the UK including London, Manchester, North Tyneside and Belfast.
Personal support and development of the successful candidate is paramount, with the opportunity to become chartered as well as access to a unique tailored learning and development programme.
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build strong client relationships. Experience working as a public or private sector planner or senior planning officer/consultant is important as well an excellent knowledge of current and emerging planning legislation.
This role is based across the hubs mentioned above, but we will consider candidates located anywhere in the UK due to the opportunity of flexible home working.
The role will encompass activities such as;
- Processing mainly minor and small scale planning applications concisely, accurately and in a timely manner
- Preparing and presenting evidence on appeals
- Providing high quality professional advice on planning matters to your clients
- Negotiating with applicants and agents
- Positively supporting and sharing your knowledge with your team
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate;
- Eligibility to become a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Relevant experience working as a public or private sector planner/senior planning officer or consultant
- The ability to manage your own time and meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build good client relationships
The client offers
- Competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Flexible working options available
For a confidential discussion or to learn more please contact Michelle 07759535967 or email@example.com