Multitask have partnered with a leading Construction & Infrastructure company to support with senior hires across multiple divisions of the business. Our Client is at the forefront of innovation and major projects
We are currently looking to engage a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/ Engineering Geologist to work in the Ground Engineering team who has well-rounded experience and has worked on a wide portfolio of schemes.
As one of the largest and fastest growing providers of integrated professional support services in the UK, our client offers a wide-ranging service in Ground engineering. The clients Ground Engineering team advise on a project from ground characterization through site investigation to geotechnical design (including numerical analysis and soil-structure interaction). They also address issues of contamination, groundwater treatment and reuse of geo-materials for regeneration projects.
They are committed to delivering practical and innovative solutions to ground-related problems on infrastructure projects throughout the UK. The Ground Engineering capability is built on the skills, experience and commitment of our people.
This role is based in Cardiff but we will consider candidates based/working in other locations as this role can be a mobile position or based from another office
Experienced gained overseas will be welcomed
The role will encompass activities such as;
- Ground investigation design and implementation.
- Geotechnical design, calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice.
- Overseeing and participating in the resolution of technical issues.
- Complying with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice promoting a culture of safety within the team.
- Managing selected projects or components of projects and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate;
- Degree holder in Related Discipline, Ideally Civil Engineering or Engineering geology
- A well-rounded geotechnical design experience including foundations (shallow and piled), retaining walls and slope stability assessments in soil and rock.
- Extensive post graduate experience in most aspects of geotechnical projects, including planning, supervising and designing elements of a project, together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects.
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical analysis programs such as Slope/W SEEP/WSIGMA/W HoleBASE AutoCAD, Dips.
The client offers
- Competitive salary
- Extensive & competitive benefits schemes
- Progression within the company to ensure longevity of partnerships between employer & employee
- Development opportunities across the business
For a confidential discussion or to learn more please contact
Michelle 07759535967 or firstname.lastname@example.org