Are you an experienced QS from within the retail/commercial industries? Would you like to work for a successful Building, Mechanical and Electrical company who deliver projects for a number of leading supermarkets & retail? If so read on:
We are working with a well-established and expanding company who are market leaders in their sector of building services within commercial retail
Due to expansion they are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work in their M&E projects team
Based from their chesterfield office responsibilities will include:
- Managing a wide range of projects across different sectors from retail to major commercial developments.
- Participate in tender handover meetings ensuring all relevant details are collected.
- Produce a relevant procurement strategy and associated buying schedule in conjunction with the PM.
- Procure Sub contract packages, approve sub contract orders ensuring compliance with specification, drawings and employers requirements.
- Produce project cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare, submit and agree applications for payment making sure a certificate is issued on time and invoice raised if appropriate.
- Produce accurate monthly reports and attend financial and project review meetings as required.
- Advise on Terms and Conditions and Collateral warranties.
- Liaise with Credit Control in respect of debt and overdue accounts.
- Identify and escalate any commercial issues including potential EOT, acceleration and disruption issues.
- Must have good communication and organisation skills. Remain calm and focused, produce accurate reports and documents and show the ability to negotiate.
In Return they will offer:
- Hours of: 8.30am – 5pm Mon- Thursday 8.30am – 4pm Friday
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of BH)
- Competitive salary & benefits
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within the M&E industry however our client are also open to candidates who have experience within the commercial build sector (warehouse, distribution or large scale office/mixed use)