Do you aspire to be an estimator? Looking for a role where you can progress? If so, read on…
Multitask Personnel are working on behalf of a leading facilities management company. Due to continued expansion, they are currently seeking an experienced, hardworking and reliable Junior Estimator. The successful applicant will be working closely with Operations Managers and Quantity Surveyors.
Key purpose of the role will be to ensure clients receive quotes/estimates within service level agreements ensuring high standards are consistently met together with observing all legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements. On the job training will be provided.
- Assist in the compilation of estimates & quotation requests.
- Assist in providing alternative options and solutions to problematic repair and maintenance issues;
- Assist in the production of project tenders.
- Assess sourcing of plant hire, equipment, materials, labour and sub-contractor costs;
- Review and approve sub-contractor quotations;
- Communicate professionally with clients and colleagues;
- Assist in subcontractor management.
- Assisting measuring work in progress using schedule of rates (SORs).
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or clients/customers when necessary.
- Build effective working relationships with clients and engineers.
- Maths & English GCSE’s at grade C/L4 or above – essential;
- Previous experience in construction estimating or similar – desirable
- Relevant construction trade experience – desirable;
- Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel - essential
- Excellent communication skills – essential
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations - essential
- Ability to work independently and perform self-review - essential
- Ability to assess data quickly and make subsequent decisions – essential
- Competence in managing large amounts of information - essential
- The ability to work under pressure and work to deadlines - essential
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking – essential.
To apply please give Beth a call on: 01709 820102 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org