HIU Engineer - London
Salary: Company Vehicle, Phone, Laptop, Pension
Multitask Personnel are working with an outstanding Metering & Data Collection organisation who provide extensive technical and operational pre-sales, installation, project management and ongoing operational support across our products and solutions.
Due to growth they are now looking for experienced Service Engineers to join their team in and around Greater London areas.
As a Service Engineer you will be responsible for undertaking a range of tasks including technical analysis, surveying, installation and technical project delivery of metering and data collection equipment.
Predominately site /home based however occasional office based working may be required, and travel across the UK with some overnight stays.
- Undertaking project works, which can be site based works such as new build or retrofit or could be retro fit/new installation works for local authorities.
- fault finding
- client training
- Installation and/or commissioning of metering/data/prepayment systems Identification of project risks and taking necessary mitigation steps
- Communication with clients and contractors to arrange the fulfilment of all aspects of the project
- Supporting the achievement of performance targets for time, cost and quality
- Technical support and troubleshooting on; Meter communication (Wired – M-Bus, Wireless – M-Bus, Pulse) and Data Loggers (IP, GSM/GPRS)
- Working knowledge of metering systems and associated networks including; Electricity/PV, Gas, Heat, Hot Water, Cold Water, HIU’s
- Undertaking dynamic risk assessments prior and during undertaking any activity, Keeping accurate records
- Raising major issues, sharing concerns, and reporting back on a project progress to the Project Manager on a regular basis
- Other reasonable requests related to the delivery, list not exhaustive
- Heat network understanding including plant room systems, distribution mains and HIU’s
- Metering/data system installation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Prepayment system installation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Clamp-on commercial metering for water and heating systems
- Installation and/or commissioning of meters and prepayment systems
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Desire to learn new products, processes, and solutions
- Client communication
- Contractor communication
- Team player
- Driving license
- Commercial awareness
- Risk assessment both planned and dynamic
- Metering knowledge or interest
- Communications or network protocol knowledge
- SaaS software
- Utility knowledge
- 18th Edition
- Manual Handling
- Working at height
- Basic 1st Aid
- IT and the use of Microsoft software or equivalent
To apply for this role or for more details please contact 01709 820102