Highways Design Engineer (Drainage) - Cardiff
Location: Greater Manachester
Salary: Competitive & Extensive Benefits
Multitask have partnered with a leading Construction & Infrastructure Consultancy to support with senior hires across multiple divisions of the business. Our Client is at the forefront of innovation and major projects
We are currently looking to engage an experienced Design Engineer – who specialises in Drainage to join the team in Cardiff/South Wales
The ideal person will be able to demonstrate experience in sustainable land drainage & drainage systems, leading and planning the design, construction & maintenance of infrastructures on large complex projects such as highways, channels & bridges. You will ensure full overview of designs and project standards and requirements are met within budgets and times frames. The Engineer will also be responsible for reviews and approvals of technical documentation such as drawings and specifications, along with supervision of adherence to building codes and safety regs within Civil engineering.
The role will encompass activities such as;
- Expert use of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microdrainage and Causeway Flow drainage design software.
- Design of sustainable drainage systems (SuDS)
- Delivering projects with expert knowledge of relevant current standards and guidelines and contemporary environmental solutions to manage land drainage
- Developing and implementing solutions for highways and infrastructure drainage and site development schemes for feasibility, planning, tender, and detailed design stages of the project.
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate;
- 10+ years PQE or extensive experience post HNC/HND experience
- Holder of Incorporated Engineer professional qualification (IEng) or very close to IEng.
- Extensive expert understanding of drainage design principles including foul, surface water, land drainage and SuDS.
- Knowledge and understanding of the SAB process.
- Proven successful management of projects/programmes and teams to meet both quality and commercial targets
- Ability to manage and maintain client relationships
- Working competencies in either MicroDrainage, Civil 3D or PDS, and be well-versed in the preparation of notes and specifications sufficient for technical approvals and construction, ideally with experience of Section 38/278 highway schemes and Section 104/106 drainage schemes.
The client offers
- Competitive salary
- Extensive & competitive benefits schemes
- Progression within the company to ensure longevity of partnerships between employer & employee
- Development opportunities across the business
For a confidential discussion or to learn more please contact