We are looking for a Facilities Assistant to work within Barnsley, covering the Markets and Town Centre area.
To ensure all areas are maintained in a clean, safe and attractive condition in order to support these undertakings and to provide a successful market as a major contribution to a successful town centre.
- Gazebo erection and dismantling
- Opening and securing premises
- Assisting stallholders with deliveries/other duties
- Assist when customers become trapped in lifts
- Industrial cleaning
- Graffiti removal
- Toilet cleaning
- Removing rubbish and using the cardboard compactor
- To nurture a close working relationship with traders, tenants and to work effectively and efficiently as part of a multi-disciplinary service delivering key services.
- Experience of a wide range of cleaning duties and use of cleaning materials and equipment
- Experience of minor repairs and maintenance and usage of power/ hand held tools
- Experience of fire evacuation duties
- Experience of working directly with the public or in a customer service role
- Ability to communicate politely and clearly, write down and pass on messages and complete basic records.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public using a suitable level of fluency in spoken English, in line with the English Language requirement for public sector workers.
- Ability to effect minor repairs, climb and use ladders/ scaffold towers
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team.
- Able to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including damp, cold & foul smelling
- Ability to carry out heavy physical work
Woking days are Mon-Fri 40hrs per week, pay rate is £10.01ph
To apply for the role please click the link below to take you to the Multitask Personnel website