Multitask Personnel are working with a leading expert in all areas of Water Management and Control, who are looking for Electrician’s to join their team to work across the UK & Ireland.
The principal function of this position is to carry out the installation and certification of 3phase 415v electrical controls for dewatering systems comprising multiple electric pumps, mains distribution, temporary cabling, and auto mains failure systems.
The role is predominately based in the South (to work in London and surroundings), the base office is the Kings Langley facility in Hertfordshire, but you will be expected to visit our works sites regularly in the UK as required. Your job role will be split approximately 75% site based / 25% office based.
Installation on Site (Working within a team or by yourself, individuals will be carrying out tasks such as);
- Install power distribution cables (typically 2.5 mm to 10 mm 4 core SWA)
- Connect isolators & 16amp plug/socket connections.
- Install pumps in wells, sumps, or pump stations.
- Installation & connection of groundwater instruments and flow monitoring devices (volt free, low volt, 110v, 240v
- Ensure installation, protection, and signage of equipment to appropriate standards.
- Connection of control cabins (typically 150 – 500amp) to mains, diesel generator and earthing as required.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work site.
- Preparing and issue 18th Edition Certificates for Construction Dewatering and Water Management Control Systems.
Qualifications & Experience
Must be time served with Electrical NVQ/C&G to level 3.
- Must have C&G 2382-15 (Electrical 17th Edition, ideally 18th).
- C&G 2391 or 2394, 2395 (Electrical inspection and testing) and have experience of testing is desirable.
- Must have a CSCS card.
- PAT testing qualification desirable (but not essential).
- Ideally JIB Qualified (but not essential).
- A valid CSCS ECS Electrician Card is required.
- Previous experience with 3 phase motors and controls is desirable.
- Previous experience of working on a major civil engineering or construction project would be desirable.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and the ability to work unsupervised in often difficult site conditions.
- Ability to use computer for email, word and MS excel.
- SSSTS is an advantage but not essential.
For more information please contact our office on 01709 820102 or send your CV to email@example.com