Multitask Personnel are working alongside one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplined service provider based in Sheffield. Offering a coordinated package of mechanical, electrical, data/IT services and facilities management solutions.
The role of the Project Manager is to provide management & direction to Supervisors a team of engineers / specialist sub-contractors working in the M&E Retail division.
You will be responsible for ensuring Supervisors, Operatives and Sub Contractors are complaint from a technical perspective from commencement to completion of works, providing support to them as is reasonably required, assisting with the day to day running of the team, creating and hitting daily objectives, as well as being part of running small projects.
- Minimise exposure and risk across projects.
- Plan and manage the team’s departmental activities in accordance with the agreed budgets and timescales and within policies and standards.
- Manage project scope and implementation of change control strategy and escalate where necessary.
- Set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound (SMART) targets for all team members (all based on achieving the company’s overall business objectives).
- Manage and set direction for all reporting staff, ensuring regular formal open forums take place with all team members in respect of all aspects of the team’s performance against agreed targets.
- Develop relevant personal skills and capability through planning and attending training course, subject to Business approval.
- Undertake Site surveys using Site Audit Pro or similar formats to produce reports and attend meetings with clients on behalf of the company.
- Develop and maintain systems to established standards relating to all operational activities.
- Engage and manage subcontract resource.
- Manage project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Cross reference scope of works and bill of materials/standard quote templates with original scope of works and quotation and escalate any variances.
- Analyse and review working practices in line with procedures
This list is not exhaustive.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Policy development and implementation.
- Project Small Works, planned and reactive maintenance Supervision and management.
- Multi Skilled - Electrical Bias, knowledge of Fire Alarms, Emergency Lighting, Access control and Nurse Call System would be advantageous.
- Report writing skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Change management.
- PC Literate with Microsoft office software packages.
- Apprentice Trained/NVQ 3 minimum
- Level 3 Electrical Installation Apprentice trained or above / IET Wiring Regulations, Eighteenth Edition, BS 7671:2018 (Electrical Regulations) / Electrical Inspection and Testing C&G 2391-52 or equivalent.
NICEIC QS Experience / Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Systems C&G 2396 or equivalent.
- Qualification and/or working knowledge of; BS 5266 Emergency Lighting / BS 5839 Fire Alarms
BMS / Access control systems.
- Design Package familiarity with ability to undertake for small works e.g. single circuit cable calculation / AutocadLT or similar with ability to undertake for small works e,g, drawing amends, input for very small works.
If you feel you tick the boxes and want to join a great organisation working in a fantastic team, we want to hear from you.
To discuss further or for more details please call Laura on 01709 820102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org