Multitask Personnel are working with a leading facilities and property management company within the UK. They specialise in the fabric, mechanical and electrical upkeep of commercial buildings and licenced premises. With their own in house facilities team of engineers, trade workers and support staff they provide reactive and proactive maintenance throughout the sector.
We are currently working with them to recruit a Customer Service Team Leader to be based out of their Sheffield office on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the customer service function is to ensure that all external customers are taken care of while at the same ensuring that it’s done in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage accounts for own nominated clients
- Take orders from clients and follow job through to completion
- Ensure all involved parties are kept up to date throughout the process
- Liaise with sub-contractors, follow up on works and check documentation on receipts and completed jobs.
- Work with and support other customer service agents on the team
- Be a ‘go to’ figure for team members when support is needed
- Undertake HR duties such as 1-2-1’s, reviews and back to works and disciplinary meetings
- Attend face to face meetings with clients and lead representatives of the company
- Occasionally standing in of Customer Service Manager when needed
- Report on internal and external systems and procedures
- Report any issues to management
- Help and guide others within the team
- Lead other agents to provide excellent service to all customers
- Provide training to other agents within the team if and when needed
- On occasion take on call
You will need:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience building relationships with customers (within a similar industry will be advantageous but not necessary)
- Leadership qualities
- Understanding of business and financial aspects of the role
- Excellent administration skills
- Permanent contract
- Opportunity to work for a well establish, reputable business within the industry
- Full time – Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00
- Salary: £26K-£28K DOE
- Holidays: 25days + Stats
To apply for this position please apply via the link or send your CV to email@example.com