Multitask have partnered with a leading Construction & Infrastructure company to support with senior hires across multiple divisions of the business. Our Client is at the forefront of innovation and major projects
We are currently looking to engage a Cost Manager / QS to work in the Cost Management team who has well-rounded experience and has worked on a wide portfolio of schemes.
The Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor will assist the Cost Management Team in leading a multi-million pound infrastructure project contract reporting to the client to ensure that a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is always maintained on projects to which the job holder is assigned. You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking cost duties as appropriate for feasibility studies, design, planning, Procurement and undertake construction stage cost management.
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of Cost Management/Quantity Surveying. Candidates will be keen to progress and undertake additional job-specific training.
This role is based in Belfast but we will consider candidates based/working in other locations.
Experienced gained overseas will be welcomed
The role will encompass activities such as;
- Providing support to the Cost Management Team undertaking cost management of multimillion post contract works including reporting to & taking briefs from clients to produce best practice solutions.
- Undertaking cost and contract support for construction project planning and delivery including budget cost estimation, risk forecasting and cost/value management.
- Providing project cost control through cost forecasting/outturns, contract management & administration and performance management of projects.
- Designing and delivering report updates to Senior Management on the progress of projects and provide high quality information to assist the business in decision-making.
- Ensuring compliance to meet and follow the quality standards expected, ensuring personnel and staff comply with all procedures.
- Processing of interim monthly valuation assessments and payment certificates for projects.
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate;
- Degree Qualified & working towards Chartered Status
- 4 years PQE relevant construction industry experience, ideally infrastructure related
- Good knowledge of NEC3 Forms of Contract in particular ECC Options B & C (NEC4 an advantage)
- Sound commercial awareness
- Pre and Post contract experience
The client offers
- Competitive salary
- Extensive & competitive benefits schemes
- Progression within the company to ensure longevity of partnerships between employer & employee
- Development opportunities across the business
For a confidential discussion or to learn more please contact
Michelle 07759535967 or firstname.lastname@example.org