Multitask Personnel are working with a well-known facilities management company who specialise within the commercial sector. We are working alongside them to recruit a commercial gas engineer within the Leeds Area.
An exciting new position has become available for a Commercial Gas Engineer, to join our Mechanical Team providing a first class reactive, PPM and testing service to commercial clients predominately in the retail/leisure sector (pubs, restaurants, gyms etc).
This is a mobile position with the main focus of the role being planned maintenance & testing, however, the candidate will also cover gas & cold plumbing call outs and repairs when required.
Although the successful candidate will receive extensive on-the-job training, relevant background and experience in the following areas is essential:
- Extensive commercial gas experience
- Experience testing and servicing gas appliances
Main duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake planned & reactive trade-related maintenance tasks within own area of expertise and skills set allocated by the Scheduler and/or appropriate manager.
- Undertake gas and plumbing refurbishment tasks including testing work on completion.
- Undertake testing and PPM work when instructed to do so.
- Ordering supplier parts via purchase order line.
- Managing van stock as required.
- Participate in the out of hours call out rota as designated.
- Provide recommendations / solution options to rectify faults/maintenance issues.
- Take measurements, estimate labour and identify material requirements for follow-on works via the red reporting system.
- Provide support to other trades when required.
- Commercial Gas ACS (CCN1, CPA1, HTR1, CKR1, CENWAT, CODNCO1, TPCPA1, ICPN1, CDGA1, CIGA1, CORT1).
- Cookers (desirable)
- Basic competency in using technology – email and the use of tablets for internal software system.
- Full driving licence – essential.
- Sound understanding of Health, Safety and environmental legislation and working practices – essential.
- Ability to work at heights
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) - essential
- Must be able to cover emergency call outs (evenings, weekends, and bank holidays on a rota basis).
Working Hours & Benefits
- Full time permanent position
- Routes with a small geographical area to reduce travel times.
- Company Vehicle + fuel card
- Company pension (after qualifying period)
- Competitive hourly rate
- 21 holidays per year + bank holidays
- Flexible 45 Hours per week + uncapped overtime
- Call out rota – to be advised.