Multitask have partnered with a leading Construction & Infrastructure Consultancy to support with senior hires across multiple divisions of the business. Our Client is at the forefront of innovation and major projects
We are currently looking to engage a CAD TECHNICIAN (Civils & Structures) to join the team in Carlisle.
The Client is offering an opportunity for an ambitious CAD tech to progress their career in Civils/Structural engineering, they will offer ongoing support & mentoring via a structured ICE approved training scheme should you wish to pursue professional qualifications
The CAD tech will be responsible for developing, from construction right through to construction stages drawings, you will also have support, guidance and training on the use of AutoCAD and other applicable software’s to enhance your expertise.
As a valued team member you will be supporting and contribution advise to the team and help co-ordinate the delivery of projects for local authorities and projects across the UK. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in feasibility studies, preliminary design, consultation and detailed design work together with the production of reinforcement drawings and scheduling.
The role will encompass activities such as;
- Working independently using your initiative with minimal supervision – full training will be provided, if required to help reach this level.
- Assist the Design Engineers in the preparation of design drawings and structural details
- Preparation of drawings and maps for exhibitions, working groups and committee purposes as required
- Production of outline feasibility drawings as part of the design development process.
- Basic Cad drawing to assist the structural designers.
- Production of reinforcement drawings and schedules.
- Opportunities to contribute to the development and management of projects in which you are involved.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all Quality, technical standards, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate;
- Ability to manage and main relationships at all levels
- Sound decision making skills by way of own initiative, while working under the direction of a senior lead
- High level of attention to details and accuracy
- Experience of preparing feasibility studies and concept sketches, progressing them to the
- preliminary design stage, developing them through consultation before submitting detailed
- GCSEs with a minimum of 5 (including Maths and English)
- 3D CAD proficiency
The client offers
- Competitive salary
- Extensive & competitive benefits schemes
- Progression within the company to ensure longevity of partnerships between employer & employee
- Development opportunities across the business
For a confidential discussion or to learn more please contact
Michelle 07759535967 or firstname.lastname@example.org