Buyer – Construction
Multitask personnel are working with a Small but growing Construction client based in Rotherham.
Due to growth, they looking for a Buyer/Procurement Associate with proven construction experience to support team. The client covers Fit-out & New build projects nationwide.
To be successful you should demonstrate strong construction knowledge, buying process understanding and the ability to meet deadlines.
The Buyer / Procurement Associate will have expert industry knowledge and good time management, reporting to the Project director you will have the ability to work to deadlines and hold open lines of communication with Contractors & Construction manager or the main client and hold supplier and material knowledge specific to the construction market.
- Creation of RFIs, RFQs, Supplier Evaluations,
- Purchase Order placement
- Negotiation, and contract/Supplier Relationship Management
- Query material specifications and look for cost effective alternatives
- Deal and communicate with the design team both internal and external regarding all material matters
- Liaise with accounts department to settle supplier/invoice matters or disputes
- Attend team meetings (on site and in the office)
- Reporting as required
- Update and maintain supplier database as and when required
Experience & Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge construction
- Proven experience in Buying / Procurement