Multitask Personnel are excited to be working with a leading supplier in the Compressed Air industry who are now looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team working around Yorkshire.
You will be hardworking, target driven and a hands-on team player with the ability to increase sales of new products and services to both existing and new end user customers in the Yorkshire area.
- Ensure North Direct Sales and Service business targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop new business via new and existing end user customers in different sectors with a view to offering “turn – key”, product sales and service solutions.
- Site visits to new and existing customers; conduct surveys / data logging of existing equipment / compressed air systems. Identify and recommend solutions to improve efficiency and overall system design.
- Prepare and present sales offers, data logging reports and attend out briefing meetings with customers.
- Identify new customers and ensure new customer volume KPI’s are met or exceeded.
- Attend regular review meetings with line manager and sales team to ensure the companies objectives are met and contribute ideas and strategic thinking to develop the company’s strategic direction.
- Provide monthly reportage for UK Management as necessary.
- Ensure company database is maintained, updated existing customer information is updated, adding of new prospects, sales offers and reports as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a first hand knowledge of the business profile of direct and distribution customers. Maintain and develop contact with “key” people.
- Market Intelligence, reporting competitive feedback and information as required by UK management.
- Promote a professional company image in contacts with all customers, suppliers and work colleagues.
Knowledge / Competencies
- A technical background, preferably degree educated a good working knowledge of an industrial electro / mechanical product in a business to business environment.
- A proven track record, of delivering sales results, preferably +3 years’ experience in the Compressed Air Industry.
- Experience of working for a product manufacturer either directly or in a subsidiary of an international company, a distinct advantage.
- Strong people skills, with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Can do attitude is a prerequisite.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, persistent, self-motivated with ability to work to individual and team targets.
- A team player good at working with and supporting cross functional teams, e.g. sales, operations, service and finance.
- PC literate, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint with good analytical skills.
- Personal effectiveness; discipline, negotiation and organisation.
- Demonstrated qualities of consistency, diplomacy, discretion, risk-taking and integrity.
- Willingness to travel within UK as and when required.
- Full UK Driving License, with safe driving record.
For more details or a confidential chat please call 01709 820102 and speak with Laura