Our client who offer a range of services to the Barnsley area, are currently looking for a Benefits Assessment Officer Temp ongoing basis.
You will assist in providing a comprehensive Benefits, Taxation and Income Service, which includes Benefits, Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates, and Free School Meals, the recovery of all monies owed and the provision of a dedicated customer services telephony team
- Carry out assessments of free school meals, all types of housing benefit and council tax support including areas of subsidy loss and discretion
- Deal with the administration and maintenance of accounts and the award of discounts, exemptions and reliefs to ensure correct billing.
- Undertake telephone duties
- Providing information and guidance in respect of other service areas.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve complex queries, dealing with complaints and difficult customers ensuring a customer focussed service, keeping them informed of progress and actions.
- Input, check and maintain accurate records using Benefits
- Assist in the preparation of data and statistical returns.
- Administer Benefits, Taxation and Income documentation and correspondence.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees and members of the public, ensuring information and communication links are maintained.
- Undertake duties whilst dealing with interruptions, queries and conflicting demands arising from customer queries and requests, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- Maintain awareness of policies and procedures which impact on how the service is delivered.
- Work on a flexible basis to cover financial business support service activities as and when required.
You will need:
- GCSE level or equivalent
- DBS Check
- Proficiency with Microsoft programmes
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Previous experience in similar role advantageous
- Great communication skills
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines
- Monday to Friday
- 08:30 – 17:00
- £10.41 PH
- 6 month+ contract
To apply for this role please call 01709 820 102 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org