The purpose of the Arboricultural Consultancy Manager is to manage all Consultancy / Tree Surveying Operations within the UK.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all parts of their consultancy services delivered to their clients are delivered to or above specification meeting the contract requirements and within all local and national legislation.
The Arboricultural Consultancy Manager will have financial responsibility for his / her contracts and ensure that the Consultants meet their individual objectives and contract specific objectives. Developing budgets, forecasting and delivering services in line with forecast ensuring profitability is integral part of the Arboricultural Consultancy Manager function. Monthly Management Information and reports will be required by the UK Board for analysis.
A close working relationship with HSEQ Compliance will ensure that frequent audits and Compliance checks are completed and where necessary process revisions are produced. This role also ensures that their Consultancy services are delivered and satisfy the requirements of the clients ISO accreditations ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001. A key part of the role is to ensure all Operations are delivered within their Compliance frameworks and exceed their Customers’ expectations.
Financial & Operational Excellence:
- Financial responsibility for all contracts overseen by Operations Manager
- Develop quality, environmental and safety inspections / audits to ensure the services our client delivers are compliant across each of their clients.
- Based on inspection / audit results provide necessary feedback to ensure the appropriate process changes are agreed with all stakeholders including account/function timescales for remedial action to be implemented
- Document on the in-house CRM and in monthly reports actual feedback including what has changed as a result of the audit and the rationale
- Ownership of the reporting and Management Information required on a monthly basis
- Responsible for providing training and rolling out new polices to all contract specific staff
- Keep abreast of market conditions generally and within the specialist area of expertise and to inform and generate newsletters and briefing documents on forthcoming legislation and the potential impact both to the client and their customers
- Provide guidance when required to our clients and internal staff
- Act as the main contact for ensuring that operational activity accords with the companies Policies and procedures
- Set up contract reviews and meetings with Customers and key stakeholders (both internal, and external: e.g Auditors/Inspectors) on a regular basis to update on progress and discuss relevant issues. This forum will then become the process for agreeing outcomes and to gain sign off where required
- In conjunction with Business Development & HSEQ Compliance seek regular Customer and Stakeholder feedback. Ensure feedback is documented and any changes to services as a result of feedback are communicated back to Customers.
- The role understands the clients people are a key market differentiator and is genuinely committed to the development of direct reports in accordance the companies Learning & Development Policy.
- Train team members to carry out audits/inspections against agreed timeframes
- Where necessary develop business cases for the development of the Operations to ensure that team size and structure is adequate for the responsibilities of this function
- Leverage each other’s skills within the team and ensure that the Operations function is acting as one overall team giving the same clear and consistent messages
Specialist / Technical Expertise:
- Liaise with Managers across all functions to ensure best practice manuals are kept up to date with relevant information
- Attend seminars and build up knowledge on future changes to legislation that will effect operational processes and disseminate knowledge appropriately including contribution to training sessions
- Liaise with Business Development and Bid teams to support the bidding process and develop the clients Service Delivery Proposals.
- Liaise with Business Development to support Service Delivery Proposals providing evidence of Compliance with our Policies, Processes and ISO accreditations whilst demonstrating best practice, efficiency and best value at all times.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Working understanding of relevant legislation within the UK
- Ability to take complex documents and convert into simple operational processes
- Experience of financial control, budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent knowledge & use of Microsoft Office Software Systems
- Strong understanding of Arboricultural Asset data capture software systems and hardware
- Ability to identify and mitigate potential risks to the client’s services or their Customers.
- Experience of leading a team with a proven ability to function quickly and efficiently within a demanding environment
- Ability to be able to use external sources of information such as the internet to quickly understand key issues and then clearly articulate the operational impact to our client or their clients
- Desire and passion to deliver services to an excellent standard
- Ability to convince Operational staff of the need to understand and follow best practice at all times and to be able to articulate the impact on the client or on their clients for not doing so
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment
- Degree calibre or commensurate experience - Any formal Industry / managerial related qualifications highly desirable. (HND, BA Hons, BSc, MSC).
- Up to £35K depending on experience,
- Company Vehicle,
- Fuel Card
For more information on the role please give Stewart McGrath a call on 07718 402628 or email email@example.com